Thursday, February 24, 2011

Crock pot beef stew

Daniel and I have both been sick this week, and I've been working on an incredibly intense arbitration at work, so I thought I'd let the crock pot do my cooking for me. We decided on beef stew.

Ingredients:

1 pound of beef, cubed
3 diced carrots
4 celery stalks, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
3 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups of beef broth
1/2 cup of red wine
4 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tablespoon chopped basil (or dried if you live in a cold place and can't find fresh)
2 bay leaves
salt, pepper to taste

Pull out the crock pot! Roll the cubed beef around on a plate of flour until it's good and coated. Layer the vegetables and herbs with the beef in the crock pot. Top with W. sauce, red wine, salt, pepper, broth and cover crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours. Come home from work to the most tantalizing aromas your olfactory nerves have ever experienced. Serve over rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment