Monday, February 7, 2011

Turkey Chili with beans

We ate this turkey chili so fast, I didn't have time to take a picture of it, so you will have to use your imagination! I cooked it 8 hours on low in my crock pot. Here goes:

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound of ground turkey
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 small diced yellow onion
2 diced carrots
1 32 oz can of stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes
12 oz of cooked kidney beans (from a can is okay)
12 oz canellini (white kidney) beans
12 oz of black beans
1 cup of broth if you like a more soupy chili
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, any other spices you want to throw in there

First I cooked up the onion and the turkey quickly in vegetable oil in a pan, trying to not break up the turkey up too much. Once that was fully cooked, I scooped that into the crock pot, along with all the other ingredients. I gave it a quick mix and then cranked the crock pot up to LOW heat for about 8 hours, stirring about once every hour or two. I served it with warm, fresh-baked Challah bread and all the fixings: chives, sour cream, cheddar. I tossed a spinach salad on the side, and it was a delicious dinner for my parents, sisters, Daniel and me with leftovers to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment